Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer 2011

Wow!  What a crazy summer!  I don't know where to begin.

As stated here I started Grad School this summer.  I have really enjoyed being back in school.  I guess the nerd side of me is coming out.  I took a class in June and am finishing a class from July.  So far so good.  I have A's in both classes.  I will take two more classes during the Fall term.

In June, I was asked to present at The Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence's Summer Conference in Memphis.  Not only was I able to present, but I also was able to sit in some amazing sessions.  I really learned a lot from the two days.

Of course, Kevin and I made many trips to our house at the river over the summer.  We really enjoy going up on the weekends and relaxing while we are there.  We bought a boat back in the Fall so we got to enjoy it a lot this summer.

Kevin and I also celebrated our 1 year anniversary.  On the Friday before, we went and enjoyed dinner at Texas de Brazil in Memphis.  On the way there Kevin surprised me with the other band to my wedding ring.  I was so excited!  The following day we left for a week long "staycation" at our house at the river.  We enjoyed relaxing, finishing some projects on the house, and getting everything ready for the 4th of July.  It was nice to be rested up and ready for when others came up later in the week.  When we got back home in Brownsville, we enjoyed cutting into our wedding cake that had been in the freezer the past year.  It was actually really good too!

In July, Kevin went full force hauling and I prepared to go back to work.  I started the month off taking over the Varsity Football Cheerleading squad at our local high school along with a good friend.  The month was full of practices and camp.  I also attended a technology conference in Dyersburg and eCLASS inservice days at one of the local schools.  The rest of the time I worked on getting stuff ready for my classroom.

Our summer was truly busy, but I would not have it any other way.  I am excited about the upcoming school year and what it has in store.  Kevin is ready for the weather to cool down a bit and the cotton to start appearing.  We are taking life day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...