Friday, February 20, 2015

Wherefore Art Thou Menu Monday?

Menu Monday? Wherefore art thou Menu Monday? I know some of you have asked where my Menu Mondays have been.  Due to a crazy schedule, I have decided to do something a little different.  I will share once or twice a month on here of new things I have tried.  This way you can get some new ideas of what to cook at your house.  I also plan on sharing some posts in the future on crockpot ideas, desserts, and much more.  :)

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted a Menu Monday so I have a little catching up to do.  I hope you find some inspiration below. (You can click the title or picture to go to a link with the full recipe.)

Recipes
My Top Picks from this Post
Meals - Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna, Parmesan Baked Pork Chops
Sides - Cream Corn Like No Other, 7Up Biscuits, No-Fuss Mashed Potatoes
Desserts - Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

Meals
Smothered Chicken & Cheesy Potato Casserole
This turned out good.  The potatoes were like scalloped potatoes when done.  I felt like it was the best of all worlds - cheese, chicken, bacon, and potatoes.  It made a lot so it could feed a big family.

Pull Apart Pizza
I am not much of a pizza person, but Kevin loves pizza.   I used Grand biscuits instead of the Pillsbury pizza dough. This was easy to make and turned out pretty good.  Unlike pizza, it was not that good as a leftover.

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna
I received two cast iron skillets as wedding presents years ago and have been wanting to use them more.  This seemed like the perfect recipe to try.  It was delicious!  Adelaide even loved it!

Parmesan Baked Pork Chops
Yummy! You know you hit the jackpot when your husband asks for this two weeks in a row. :)  These pork chops are delicious as well as quick and easy to make.

Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole
I made this one Friday night as a fun meal, but it took a little longer than I would have liked.  It tasted a lot like cheese fries with chicken.  It was good and made plenty.

Tomato Basil Meatloaf
I am always trying to find different recipes that Kevin (the picky eater in our family) will eat.  I knew he did not like the traditional meatloaf so I thought I would try this.  Well to help with his pickiness, I blended the tomatoes up too much and it made the meat hard to form.  Next time, I will probably leave the tomatoes out all together since he does not like tomato chunks in any of his food. (Haha I know, crazy!) Overall this was good.  We went ahead and cooked both loafs so that I would have enough for leftovers the next day.  If you have enough sides and a small family, I would think you could do just like the recipe calls for and put one of the loafs in the freezer for a different day.

Crazy Good Casserole (a.k.a. Cheesy Bacon Chicken Casserole)
I kept seeing this recipe float around Facebook so I thought I would try it out.  It is really good.  I did not have the spiral noodles so I bet it would be even better with them.

Sides
Cream Corn Like No Other
I have been looking for some good sides to add to my recipe book, and this is one that will definitely be going in the book.  This corn is delicious and goes great with the Parmesan Baked Pork Chops.  I have made it twice and both times used my cast iron skillet.

7 Up Biscuits
These biscuits are to die for! They are easy and a must try.

No-Fuss Mashed Potatoes
I love potatoes (as you probably can tell by some of my recipe choices).  However, I dislike peeling potatoes so when I ran across this recipe I was really looking forward to giving it a try.  The summary before the recipe is so true, "rich and creamy mashed potatoes that are full of flavor and come together FAST."  Kevin, who is not a big potato fan, even like them!

Desserts
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are made from scratch.  The pudding makes them soft and delicious.  We enjoyed making these cookies as a family one night.

Hope I have left you hungry and wanting to dive into the kitchen.  I promise if I can make these things you can too!

Elizabeth



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...