Sunday, January 1, 2012

Going from 2011 to 2012

Wow! What can I say about 2011? It was a great year full of firsts, lots of work, and most of all precious memories. I started this blog as a way to keep up with goals I set while I was 25. Well, I have one more month to go before I turn 26. However, I feel this is a great time to recap some of the biggest things that happened in 2011.

First and probably the biggest, I was able to achieve one of my best goals I have ever set for myself. That goal was to stray away from caffeine drinks. I was addicted to my Dr. Pepper and Sweet Tea. You can read all about why I chose to do this and the beginning of my journey here. I officially did not have one the entire 2011. In celebration of my accomplishment, I drank a Dr. Pepper to ring in the New Year. I actually did not like it, and I was not able to drink but just a little at a time. I really think I have fallen in love with water, and I will probably stick with it for 2012.

In 2011, I completed my third year teaching (Read all about it here.), received tenure before the new state law changed, and started my fourth year teaching. I truly have a passion for kids and love my job even though it consists of lots of work at home and some days are rougher than others. I know God put me in this profession for a reason, and I enjoy seeing how he is using me in this occupation.

I started a new journey this summer that Kevin has been so nice to support me in. I started back to school in order to receive a Master's degree in Educational Leadership through the University of Tennessee at Martin. (Click here to see how this journey started.) I have completed 12 hours, taking 9 additional hours this spring, and should graduate in December 2012. I have really enjoyed learning new stuff and tackling this challenge. However, it has been very time consuming, but I know it will be worth it in the end. Hopefully next year at this time I will be able to say that I have a Master's degree! (One of my major goals of 2012!!!)

Kevin and I celebrated our first anniversary. It seems like yesterday we were preparing for that Big Day. We enjoyed our one year at our home away from home, the Tennessee River, in our new boat. See what else went on this summer here.

There have been so many memories in 2011 that I will never forget. I can't wait to see what God has in store for Kevin and me this year. Our life is in His hands, and we look forward to the future He has in mind for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...