Monday, February 3, 2014

Menu Monday

We made it through January!  This weekend I planned our meals out for February.  Kevin was out of town so this little cutie made her first trip out with me to the grocery store.


She actually did really good.  I only had problems when the buggy got full, and she was able to reach things from within the buggy.  Let's just say the packs of cheese got thrown on the floor and my French Bread is now in half.  However, I can't complain, because she didn't cry the entire time.

I have debated on whether to keep these posts going in February.  I decided to keep doing them, because they hold me accountable to planning ahead of time.  My shopping trip this weekend totaled less than what I spent early January.  I hope this continues.  I can actually say my fridge, freezer, and cabinets are full!

Look Back at New Things on Last Week's Menu
Monday: Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti - I have grown to like this recipe.  When I first had it Monday night, I was unsure about it.  However, I was in a hurry to eat and didn't let the cheese melt in it.  I had it again as a leftover within the week, and I really liked it.  It is different that Chicken Spaghetti, because the cheese is not as strong.  It's one of those you just have to try it.

Wednesday: Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin - I have made this before so I knew I liked it.  It is really good!

Thursday: Baked Sausage and Tortellini - This is another recipe that I have had before, but I knew we liked it.  Kevin ended up going out of town so I made it for myself.  I almost decided not to cook it, in the oven but I ended up doing it anyways.  Either way is good, but I definitely think cooking it gives it a little extra.

Friday: Ultimate Nachos - Since Kevin was not home, I decided not to make this.  My fridge was already overflowing with leftovers so I knew I would not run out of things to eat.

I actually did not eat out at all for lunch or dinner this weekend.  I did meet up with my parents on Saturday for breakfast.  We made a few snacks for a Super Bowl party on Sunday night, too. :)

This Week's Menu - This week is devoted to recipes that were leftover from January. :)
Monday: 

This looks really good and easy!  I hope it turns out to be a new favorite!

Tuesday:
Rice

This recipe comes from 10 Easy Crockpot Freezer Meals.  I do not have enough room to do freezer meals right now, but I would love to try this one day.

Wednesday:
Crockpot Lasagna

This is a recipe that I have had for a long time.  It is really good and easy!  If you want it, let me know, and I will get you a copy of it.

Thursday: 
Leftovers

I have Bunco this night so I will be eating there, but Kevin will have a wide variety of leftovers to pick from. :)

Friday:
Ultimate Nachos

I am going to try this again this Friday night.  Maybe this time, things won't change. :)  

Here's to a great week!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...