Sunday, January 11, 2015

Menu Monday

I'm back with Menu Monday!  Lots of people have asked for this, and with everything going on in life it has been too crazy to even try to plan meals.  However, I have started back and plan on keeping it up at least until summer.

If you are new to the blog, I plan out twenty meals at the beginning of the month and make one big grocery trip.  On Sundays, I sit down and plan our menu for the week based on our schedule.  Our lives are extremely busy and this works the best for us.


There are many reasons why I write it down here.  First, it holds me accountable to actually cooking and not backing out of it.  For you see, I really don't enjoy cooking.  I just do it, because I don't want us eating out all the time.  I have realized that when I make a plan I will actually do it. Second, it makes me find new recipes to try.  I get really tired of eating the same thing all the time, and by doing this it allows me to try new things.  Third, I want to share with others my findings by linking the recipes to the post.  I hope you are able to get some recipes for your family.

Monday: 

Little Meats & Gravy over Egg Noodles
Peas
Mashed Potatoes
Sister Schubert Rolls

Tuesday:
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Garlic Bread

This is one of our family favorites.

Wednesday:
Leftovers

Our family lives on leftovers.  I take them for my lunch each day, and we typically always eat them one night during the week and on the weekends.  I plan a leftover night on a night that I already know that I will be too busy to fix dinner.

On Wednesdays, I have a Bible study at Englewood at 6 so it makes it nearly impossible to fix anything.  We will enjoy the leftovers from the nights before.

Thursday: 

I am not doing the "bags to dishes" process, but I do think it would be interesting to try it at one point.  

Friday:

I try to plan some fun and different meals on Fridays.  After a long, hard week, the last thing I want to do is come home and make a meal that takes forever.  However, I want to plan a meal for this night so we don't always go out to eat.

All the recipes linked are new to our family.  I will let you know what I think of them next Monday.
I hope you have found some meals that will work for your family!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...