Monday, January 19, 2015

Menu Monday

We are halfway through the month, and I still have plenty of things to cook.  I did go to Sam's yesterday and buy some more milk and a few other things.  Overall, we are eating out less and enjoying having sit down meals at home.

Look Back at New Things on Last Week's Menu
Monday: Little Meats and Gravy- This turned out really good.  We had it over egg noodles.  Kevin bought me a new crockpot for Christmas, and it has a stirrer that goes every hour if set.  We used it for this, and I think it really helped.

Thursday: Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole- This was good, but I wouldn't use it as a main meal.  It would be better as an appetizer.  I will say that it was easy to  make which I always like.  

Friday: Meatball Sub on a Stick - This recipe looked really fun.  However, I was not able to find the Pillsbury breadsticks, and I tried more than one store.  Instead, I tried using crescent rolls on some and pizza dough on others.  This made it extremely difficult to make.  If I was going to make this again, I would just use frozen meatballs instead of trying to make my own (even though that wasn't hard) and I would make sure to have the breadsticks.  I do think kids would love this!

This Week's Menu - 
Monday: 

It's Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and I don't have to work.  I realized while cleaning that I need to use up some potatoes before they go bad so I figured this would be a great recipe to do tonight.  

Tuesday:
Salads

My family loves salads!  I really think I could eat them everyday  I don't get home until late on Tuesdays, because I try to spend an hour or two at the gym.  This makes Tuesdays a great night for an easy meal that I can already have prepared.  

Wednesday:
Leftovers

Our fridge is already full to the max with leftovers so I know when I make tonight's meal that we will have plenty to have leftovers for lunch this week and for this night.

Thursday: 
Tacos

Tacos are an easy meal that doesn't take too long to make.  However, when we have tacos I don't usually have anything to eat the next day for lunch.  Since we have so many leftovers already, I felt like this was a great place to fit tacos in on the menu for this month.  If for some reason we don't have any leftovers, I can order out from work on Friday.

Friday:

I am not a big fan of pizza, but Kevin loves it.  I thought this was a good variation of pizza that looks pretty good.  It also looks fun for a Friday night movie night. :)

Here's to a great week!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...