Sunday, January 11, 2015

One Little Word for 2015

Last year, I decided to stray away from making resolutions for the new year instead I decided to pick a word for the year.  My word for 2014 was "shine".  When I picked that word, I did not realize how much it would appear in my life.  It seemed like everywhere I went something reminded me of why I picked the word "shine".

In 2014, I spent a lot of time freeing up some "me time" where I could find my happiness.  I worked on becoming a better Christian, wife, mother, daughter, and so much more.  There were challenges that arose throughout the year, but I worked through them.  One of those challenges was when we sold our house unexpectedly.  If you know me, I always have a plan for everything.  Well selling our house in 2014 was not part of my plan, but it was part of God's plan.  I was very stressed with how everything was going to work out, but of course it did.


A few weeks after we moved, I realized what I would pick as my word for 2015.  This word seem to be appearing everywhere I looked.  I think it is very appropriate to have after the word "shine".  My word for 2015 is:


I have realized this past year that I can let others "steal" my joy.  I really do not think most people realize what they are doing when they do it, but they are able to just snatch my joy away in a split second.  This year I want to keep my joy and a smile on my face through all circumstances.  This is going to be hard, and I know that I will fail at times.  However with God, I know that I will be able to improve.


I know when most people hear the word, "joy", they think of the song, Joy to the World.  We typically think of this as a Christmas carol.  However, did you know that Isaac Watts wrote the song based on Psalm 98, and it was written with the theme being the second coming of the Lord?


I think this is so awesome!  None of the words associated with the Christmas story are in the song such as manger, angels, shepherds, etc.  One person wrote that "Christmas won't always be a joyful time, but when Jesus comes back, even the rocks will sing!"  What an amazing thought!  I have the joy down in my heart, and it's there to stay.  I want it to be seen through me in everything I do!


You know how I said this word, "joy", seemed to be appearing everywhere once I decided on it.  Well in December, Jordan Easley at Englewood preached a sermon on "joy".  He gave three reasons why you should have joy.

1) Joy gives you a new energy (Nehemiah 8:10)
2) Joy gives you a new perspective (Proverbs 17:22)
3) Joy gives you a new platform (Psalm 126:1-2, Isaiah 43:7, 1 Corinthians 10:31)


I choose "joy" in 2015.  Will you join me?



*I started this post last Sunday, but in the middle of writing it my computer crashed.  This wouldn't have been so bad, but all of Adelaide's pictures are on here.  What a way for the devil to try to steal my joy!  I am delighted to say that thanks to a great Dad, a praying Mom, and some awesome computer technicians I was able to get my computer back to working without losing anything.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...