Friday, June 26, 2015

God's Plan

Six years ago today, I had planned to be on a plane heading to Honduras for my second mission trip to Tegucigalpa.  However back in the spring, I found out I was going to have to cancel my trip and have my third knee surgery on that exact day.  I was disappointed, frustrated, and discouraged.  I had just finished my first year teaching, completed the remodeling of my first home, and was looking forward to my first summer off as a teacher.  The trip was going to be the highlight of my summer, but God had a different plan.

That day I went in and had the surgery.  It was outpatient, and I came home that afternoon hardly able to do anything on my own.  My parents and friends helped out tremendously.  They would bring me things, take me places, and keep me company.  Although, one visitor surprised me the most. 

My exboyfriend (Kevin) showed up on the day immediately following the surgery.  He came delivering a card. (Notice: We had went years without talking to one another and had just reconnected.  I don’t think I had even told my parents.) He handed the card off and left.  Little did I know that the “Get Well” card would be just a start to something great!

My first outing after the surgery
Five years ago today, we were married! That year went by so fast, and was full of so many memorable moments.  God’s plan ended up being the best thing ever for me.  In lack of being able to see it at the time, He knew just what I needed. 

The Proposal


Happy 5th Wedding Anniversary, Kevin!  
I look forward to seeing what God has in store for our next 5 years and years after that.


The slideshow that was shown during our wedding.  
God truly blessed the broken road to lead us back to one another. 
















Elizabeth

*Thanks to TimeHop for reminding me these two things occurred on the same day one year apart!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...