Monday, January 13, 2014

Menu Monday

Thank you to everyone who has commented about how this has influenced you to plan ahead!  I don't claim to know it all, and I definitely do not do everything right.  I just want to write to help others and to express myself!

Look Back at New Things on Last Week's Menu
Monday - Lasagna Soup - I added extra egg noodles so it really didn't seem much like a soup.  However, I thought it was pretty good like that.

Wednesday - Maple and Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin - This didn't turn out well, because I made a blunder.  I set the crockpot to 9 hours which was too long.  I was able to salvage some of the tenderloin, but did not have enough sauce to make any to pour over.  Kevin and a coworker did say it smelled really good when they came to the house at lunchtime, but it didn't smell good when I got home.  I will try this again another month. :)

We had enough leftovers for Thursday night, and the old recipes on Tuesday and Friday worked at well.  I am very proud of myself, because I only ate out one time this week.  That was Sunday for lunch after church.  We hit up Dairy Queen.  I think this is pretty good.

This Week's Menu
Monday: 
Spaghetti
Garlic Bread

We love spaghetti at my house especially with meatballs.  Spaghetti is great, because it tastes better as a leftover. This is definitely a staple meal that will probably be on the list of meals every month.

Tuesday:

Side Salad

I won't have much time between piano and having to leave for Bible Study, but I figured I could squeeze this in.  I am hoping to prep the Parmesan Chicken the night before so all I have to do is put it in the oven.  It could be cooking while I teach piano. :)  

Wednesday:



Peas
Sister Schubert Rolls

I love ham, but I usually only get it around the holidays.  I am hoping this recipe will be good.  I have a bag of potatoes that I want to use so I plan on making this casserole.

Thursday:
Leftovers

I think with all the cooking done Monday - Wednesday that there should be plenty of leftovers by this night.  It's going to be eat whatever you can find kind of night.

Friday:


Since I am trying to do more fun meals on Friday, I think this sounds like a good spin off of the old fashioned hamburger. I am hoping it is a keeper!

I hope you see something that you can use this week!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...