Sunday, January 5, 2014

Shine!

I was not planning on writing anything today, but I felt called to write this tonight.  One of my goals for 2014 was to maintain my blog with happenings in our family and things that might help others.  I definitely don't have everything together, and I fail in so many ways (my number one fear).  However, I want to learn from my mistakes, and this is a way for me to be accountable this year.

If you have read my other post, you know my One Little Word for 2014 is "shine".  I have really been praying about my word.  Today, it was like God was reassuring me of my word.  My daily devotion was titled, "Let Your Light Shine", and then on the church bulletin the verse was 2 Corinthians 4:6.

Photo credit http://www.pinterest.com/pin/563724078327563155/

This afternoon, I sat down and read blogs that I follow.  On one of the teacher blogs, the teacher wrote about seeing this music video during their church service.



This really touched home.  I would have to agree with the teacher blogger that if I was featured on the video that my mug shot word would be "worry".  I worry about everything!  Kevin always says that I am my worst enemy.  I think this all results from my fear of failure.  However, I am really giving this to the Lord, shining from day-to-day, and trusting Him to make beautiful things out of my life.

What would your mugshot say?

Know that no matter what your mugshot would say that God loves you!

Photo credit: http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/originals/37/f3/76/37f37603544cb45a39a4abc415b5a972.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...