Monday, January 20, 2014

Menu Monday

Menu Monday has really kept me accountable for cooking every night.  Not only are we able to get home cooked meals, but we are also adding some new favorites to our Family Recipe book.  My recipe book will definitely have to be updated after this month.

Look Back at New Things on Last Week's Menu
Tuesday: Parmesan Chicken Bake - I really enjoyed the chicken.  I ate it one time on it's own with a side salad.  During another meal, I cut it up and put it on my salad.  This will definitely be kept on our go to list, because it was easy to do.

Wednesday: Crockpot Ham - Another keeper for the books!  This was so easy to make.  I put it on before I went to work.  I have a crockpot where you set the cook time, and when the time is done it clicks over to keep warm.  So this worked perfectly for this.  Since there is only two of us, we had plenty left over.  Kevin made ham roll-ups Saturday night for dinner which worked out perfectly.

Friday: Hamburger Casserole - Too many good recipes for one week.  We had to have a failure.  This recipe is definitely not our favorite.  It was very bland and seemed to lack something.  I am just not sure what it is.  I probably won't do this again.

The good thing is that we had enough leftovers for the week.  We even have some more leftovers in our fridge right now.  The only day I ate out was on Sunday.  I am so proud of our family for not eating fast food very much anymore.  We are definitely saving money this way!

This Week's Menu
Monday: 

Yeast Rolls

I wanted something easy for today so I threw a roast in the crockpot.  I am looking forward to dinner tonight, and I know there will be some leftover.

Tuesday:
Chicken Lasagna

Years ago I found a chicken lasagna recipe that I absolutely loved.  We have this at least once every other month or so.  I can't find the exact recipe online, but if you would like the recipe just let me know.  This is definitely a great twist to the traditional lasagna and great for someone who doesn't like spaghetti sauce.

You can actually make this the night before if your schedule is too busy when you want it.  This is what I am going to do since I have Bible Study.  All I will have to do is pop it in the oven for about 40 minutes.

Wednesday:
Leftovers

Since we already have leftovers in the fridge from last week, and I know how much the chicken lasagna makes.  I know we will have enough in the fridge to have leftovers this night.  

Thursday:
Cheddar Biscuits

It is suppose to get really cold again so that always calls for a bowl of soup.  Since Kevin is picky with what he eats together, I thought I would try this recipe.  I love tortellini, and this recipe seems like something our family will love.  I hope it tastes as good as it looks.  

Friday:
Elizabeth's Delight

I know you are thinking what is this, but this is my favorite from growing up.  My dad would fix this for my birthday every year, and we just named it over the years "Elizabeth's Delight".   It consists of ground beef patted into round patties covered in Worcestershire sauce.  The ground beef is cooked in the oven until done.  Once completed, you add chili on top with your favorite toppings.  Mine are sour cream, shredded cheese, and bacon bits.  This is so easy to do and a family favorite. :)

I hope you see something that you can use this week!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...